Saturday, June 14, 2008

Discovering Independence

Children become so independent so fast. It used to be that Cori couldn't get anywhere unless someone physically took her there. Now she just wants to get there herself. She walks everywhere and if you pick her up to take her some place, she gets a little peeved about it.

She wants to eat her dinner herself with her own fork and no help from Mom or Dad thank you very much. I used to be able to show her how to work toys or help her figure something out, now she just wants to do it herself. And she isn't shy about letting you know.

I don't even have to rock her to sleep anymore, she just gets in my lap and puts her head down and falls asleep. I still resist putting her in her bed to fall asleep. I will probably regret it later but i like having her fall asleep in my arms. It is precious Mommy - Cori time that i am not ready to let go of. That time will come soon enough... too soon probably.

1 comment:

Torismom said...

I know it is so sad....but fun to watch at the same time. BTW, Bob left without saying goodbye to me too. I feel so loved.