Saturday, August 30, 2008

An Evening of Fun

Cori and i went to our friend Emily's house last evening. Cori to play with Myah and Jack and Jack and (yes, 2 Jacks) and Tori, and Mommy to have a wine tasting and Tastefully Simple party. Tori, who is Emily's eldest daughter was in charge of the children and she did such a wonderful job. I can't wait until she is a little older and i can hire her to babysit Cori when Mommy and Daddy want a night out.

I gotta just say that Cori's growing up is starting to be pretty hard on me. While i was upstairs with the other adults, the kids were in the basement (which is a toy paradise, i must say) I hope Emily didn't take any offense, but the last thing i said to her as i left Cori watching Peter Pan was, "She will be ok down here, right?" It is so hard for me to leave her out of my sight. We are together all day long and she is my little Pumpkin. But of course she was FINE, and she had a super time playing with the kids and the toys. And i got to enjoy the wine tasting and the great food and have some adult conversation which didn't involve anyone asking me to read a book, or sound like an elephant. LOL

So thanks Em, for the Adult fun and thanks Tori for watching the kids!

2 comments:

Torismom said...

You are SOOOO welcome. It's fine to be a little overprotective, I totally understand, no offense taken. I'm probably a little to lax with Myah.....I just have been through it and I know that she's not going to be seriously injured in Tori's care and that she might cry but she gets over it and it's worth a little adult time and gives her a chance to assert her indendence too. Just like I said about the sharing thing....sometimes they gotta stand their ground and take what's theirs. I know Myah and Jack have a cage match over toys at times. But it helps Myah understand that sometimes she doesn't get everything she wants if someone bigger can take it away....lol, just like life.

AK Lockwoods said...

It's OK, Aunt Bridget. My mom hardly ever leaves us anywhere. Did you know I've only had a babysitter one time in over four years? Mommy says it's a wonder I even have a sibling since she and Daddy never get any time to themselves. Whatever that means. Mommy still cries sometimes when she drops me off at preschool, even though I'm already almost four and a half. She even comes and checks on us about 300 times while we're in the nursery at church. If you can't trust those people, well come on, you've got some issues, am I right? Anyway, we love looking at pictures of our littlest cousin, Baby Cori. She is just so cute that we might have to come to Ohio and eat her up. Love, Gwen