Tuesday, September 23, 2008

If you'll indulge me...

Lately, i have been noticing the little things that say the most to me. Many of you know the struggle Adam and i went through to have Cori. The infertility, the miscarriage, the genetic scare. Every day i feel so blessed to have her with us.

But it is the little things that make me smile. This morning i was taking my shower and looking at me from the back of the shower stall was a goofy frog hanging in a turtle net bath toy keeper. That would never have been in there 17 months ago. The corner of my living room where i used to imagine a corner china hutch is now filled to the brim with all of Cori's toys. Adam's sports movie DVDs are nestled right in the entertainment center along with the Backyardigans and Dora's Pirate Adventure. We had to rearrange the kitchen to make the best space available for Cori's highchair. But the most interesting and loving change is the following:

Adam has preset our cable boxes so that when you turn the tv on, it goes right to the channel that we most watch. When i get ready in the morning in the bedroom, i watch the news, so the bedroom tv comes on to channel 7. In the living room is where Adam gets ready for work so the living room tv comes on to ESPN. But some time ago, Adam reprogrammed the living room tv so that it comes on to Channel 116, which in our house is Noggin. This is the channel that Cori watches so she can see Franklin and Little Bear and the Backyardigans. Those of you who know Adam well, know that this is a big step for him. Giving up the automatic sports channel so that his daughter can watch her shows. I know it sounds mushy. And i don't care. It is these little things that make me love my husband and make me feel blessed for having my family.

If i wanted to i could concentrate an all the things that are wrong with the house, wrong with the world and wrong with whatever. And believe me, there was a time when i did just that. But Cori has brought me a different perspective. A feeling of family togetherness and a feeling of happiness that wasn't there before. Well, it probably was there, but she makes me see it. And to me, that is the miracle of Cori.

1 comment:

Torismom said...

Dont make me tear up in the afternoon....that's very sweet and very true!