Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Hennin Report

Cori has a friend. His name is Hennin. He lives a rather interesting life. Yesterday he was fishing. Today he is at a ball game in blue pants with a blue shirt. Hennin gets to do a lot of stuff that Cori either wishes she could do, or stuff that she is not allowed to do. Oh, did i mention that Hennin is imaginary? Prior, we thought his name was Himmen. We were wrong!
Yes, Cori has an imaginary friend. She doesn't play with him or ask us to make him lunch or to make room for him in the car. But every day we get the "Hennin Report". We get to hear all about what her friend is up to.
I am not concerned at all. Most of what i have read has indicated that imaginary friends are healthy and helpful. I know that i had an imaginary friend when i was Cori's age. Actually, i had an entire imaginary family. They lived in the climbing tree in my front yard. The tree even had bedrooms, a living room and kitchen. I loved that tree and my tree family.
My niece, Erin had a couple of imaginary friends. The one i remember the most was named Robin. Poor Robin. I was always sitting on him! My other niece, Molly, even had a friend who was a can of chicken noodle soup for a little while. Yes, an actual can of chicken noodle soup!
We will keep an eye on Hennin. He could become rather useful. Yesterday, Hennin was fishing, i have a feeling that Cori would like to go too. She really enjoyed that last summer. If Hennin is at the ball game, i have no doubt it is because Cori wanted to go watch her Grandpa's team play softball. We didn't go and she was pretty upset about it.
I am thinking that Hennin could bring some insight to what Cori would like to be doing. I know, i know, i could just ask Cori what she wants to do, but keeping track of Hennin seems like so much fun!

No comments: