Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Abigail and Jacqueline






Sunday, we went to my brother's house and had a party for his girls, Abigail and Jacqueline. They are a year and a couple of weeks apart in age, so this year they had one party. Cori had a nice time playing with balloons and sweeping. That's right i said sweeping. She found a toy broom and started sweeping the kitchen, the living room, the hallway. I knew all that broom coaching would pay off eventually!! But why can't she sweep her own house??

I had to go to a church function so i left early and left Daddy in charge. He did a great job, which he always does. I learned a long time ago that Daddys do things differently, not wrong, just differently. And while it may not be the way Mommy would do it, it is still ok.

We are trying a new approach to naps. We are just placing Cori in her crib and letting her fall asleep. So as i am typing i am listening to the protests of my child who does not want to be napping. But eventually she will fall asleep. At night i still hold her while she falls asleep. I am not willing to give up that time of togetherness yet. There will come a day when my little girl doesn't want Mommy to hold her and i am getting all my snuggles in while they are still wanted. I have pics of the birthday party and of cori sweeping and i will post them as soon as we get to Kroger to have them transferred.

1 comment:

Torismom said...

Just checking in, come by and swim this week sometime.