Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's been so long...

It''s been so long since i have been on here that the page actually asked for my password to make sure it was really me!!

All in the Haines House are well. It is getting colder and colder and so far our experiment to not use the furnace and only use electic heat is working out great! Cori is getting bigger and more ornery every day. I am not lying when i say she is getting bigger. I think she had another growth spurt. All the clothes i got for her on ebay had better still fit this winter! She is getting taller by the minute i tell ya.

She is talking up a storm and her new favorite phrases are, "Help, I'm Stuck!" and "Freeze Bobos". She watches a lot of Go Diego Go, so if you are familiar with that show you will know who the Bobos are. Today at the grocery she said "Hi" to everyone we passed and they all think she is so cute and stop to talk to her. Which is great, but it makes the trip to the grocery last quite a bit longer than i would like. :)

I am beginning to see the process of her independence. She doesn't ask me to read as many books as she reads to herself. She is content to pretend play with her toys and baby dolls and doesn't need my constant interaction. This is sad and good at the same time. I am getting more laundry done but i am sad that she doesn't "need" me as much.

We have made a breakthrough in the vegetable department. If she has ketchup to dip them in, she will eat them. So ketchup with every meal! Still no pregress in the meat department but we keep trying.

We are all in a tizzy getting ready for Thanksgiving and trying to find money for Christmas. When you are broke you tend to focus on the reason for the season a little more and the presents a little less. Not a bad lesson for us to learn.

1 comment:

Torismom said...

Ok, we need to get our kids together as soon as mine finishes Anger Management classes.